The Partnership aims to enable Buchan communities to play an active, leading role in developing initiatives and projects to address social and economic disadvantages experienced by local people and build community resources.
Who can be a member? Buchan Development Partnership (BDP) welcomes groups and people from all walks of life.
Anyone can ask to be a member of BDP that lives or works in Buchan if they have something to contribute.
There are currently 140 group members of BDP.
The BDP Support Group is made up of representation from our larger membership group.
All committee members give their time and expertise on a voluntary basis.
What do committee members do? The role of committee representatives is:
• To represent the views of their group and their 'networks'
• To contribute their experiences and the experiences of others
• Act to improve things on local projects
• Help at BDP forums
• Distribute bulletins and publicity
• To report back on issues and actions that come from BDP to their groups and the wider community.
If your group would like to be a BDP member please contact the BDP Office on 01771 613584.